Wednesday, August 21, 2013

30 Day No Sugar Challenge!

The sugar monster has been winning most battles over at my house these days, so I decided to try a No Sugar Challenge again, this time for 30 days. I had to make sure that my willpower does exist after all.

Not crazy no sugar grams whatsoever, but not eating foods where sugar is one of the main ingredients. I also decided it's OK to eat fruit and milk as those natural sugars do not tempt me to eat a serving equal to half my body weight. :) So I am avoiding cookies, cakes, brownies, ice cream, sugar cereal, the kids' fruit snacks, etc.

I even made myself a sticker chart with 30 squares to put on the fridge. I figured if I do sticker charts for whatever the kids are working on, it might just help me too. I also included these quotes on the chart:

“Fall seven times; stand up eight.” – Japanese proverb

“You must give up the life you planned in order to have the life that is waiting for you.” – Joseph Campbell

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt


“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else” – Judy Garland

And so far I am doing great! I am on day 16 today. I am back to the all or nothing method that I was trying to avoid, but as long as I can keep myself from adding in other foods (salty, carbs) to make up for the lack of sugar, then I'm solid. I even lost 2.5 lbs last week to get me back to my original total of 30 lbs lost. So, back to a clean slate and ready to move forward.  

1 comment:

Ali said...

You can do it, Shannon! Kicking sugar is so hard since it is in EVERYTHING. Good luck, girl!!