Friday, August 23, 2013

Wet n Wild!

We took our first and only trip to Wet n Wild this summer, courtesy of a friend's free passes. It is a new water park in town, though we used to have a Wet n Wild on The Strip back in the day. It closed in the early 2000s I think. Matt even used to be a lifeguard there.

We had a great time!  Miles wanted to go on every ride and nothing scared him. We went on this huge rainbow slide that you see in the back right in this picture of Miles - he slipped and hit his head at the top of the slide and I thought we would have to go back down the stairs. He was crying but said he wanted to ride still, so off we went. Of course I passed him (weighing a bit more than he does...) and when I looked back to see him he was crying really hard again. I asked him if his head was hurting and he managed to sob out, "No, I wasn't fast enough! I wanted it to be faster, I want to go again!" So, not sad that he almost cracked his skull, just that I was faster than him!

We hardly saw Claire at all after she went off with a friend. Made me very nervous, but she lived to see another day. The water park wasn't exactly conducive to carrying around my cell phone so I didn't get very many pictures, but enough to show that we actually did try the latest family fun in Vegas. :) Gotta live up these last few days of summer vacation!




No comments: