Saturday, February 21, 2015

34 Weeks

I am now 34 weeks - just 3 weeks shy of being officially full term, but most likely 6 weeks away from delivering given my history. What's crazy is a baby born now would do pretty well - maybe some time in the NICU but they would definitely survive and be healthy.

The belly has eclipsed all other body parts - we are officially in the home stretch (I hope)! I am going to the doctor every two weeks, though just about to go every week. I don't like this part - I don't want to go in, I feel fine. And I never dilate early so what's the point of checking? I'm learning to say no more often and I like it.

Mostly I just feel tired... On average, I get up to use the bathroom 4 times a night - sometimes 5! I keep a tally in my mind every night, which is somewhat torturing myself but I can't help it! I use the tally to then calculate how much sleep I actually got. For example, if I went to bed at 10:30 pm, got up five times, and woke up at 6:30 am I really only slept for about 1.5 hours at a time... I really don't need the sleep deprivation practice, I promise!


I like to update the kids on the size of the baby using my Baby Center pregnancy app - this week, Baby Boy is the size/weight of a cantaloupe. He is about 5 lbs and 19 inches long already. According to my app: His fat layers - which will help regulate body temperature once he's born — are filling him out, making him rounder. His skin is also smoother than ever. His central nervous system is maturing and his lungs are continuing to mature as well. 

1 comment:

Beej said...

I love that belly! And cute heart shirt.