Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Kid Quotes

Miles was upset because kids in his class were making fun of his library book selection - he was very interested in finding a non-fiction book. He kept saying I just wanted a non-fiction book on caterpillars, but every book had a picture of a caterpillar eating bugs on the cover. All the kids said it was gross! Claire says, "That's not gross, it's just their food. What if a person was eating Panda Express on a book cover, would that be gross? It's science, and science isn't gross, it's cool!"

Penelope has a very specific list of songs she allows me to sing to her every night - I am trying to get down to three songs, but she is very greedy when it comes to bedtime songs (and books):
  • Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star
  • Away in a Manger
  • Popcorn Popping
  • Itsy Bitsy Spider
  • Jingle Bells, Batman Smells Robin Lays an Egg (she says this as if it's the official title)
  • The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow (from Annie)
  • Perfect Nanny (from Mary Poppins)
Miles' class was studying Martin Luther King, Jr. the week before Gabe and McKinley came to to visit. I guess Miles was telling Gabe all about what he had learned and Gabe wasn't familar with MLK - I heard Miles say, "You don't know who DOCTOR King is??" I guess Miles doesn't even use his first name, it's just Dr. King around here. Gabe looked at Miles like he was crazy - it was pretty funny!

Penelope is a little parrot - she adopts the phrases that she hears a lot, so I guess this list of go-to phrases will show she has a healthy self-esteem (since we must tell her these things all the time too) :)

  • Mom, I did it. All. By. Myself!! (potty time)
  • I'm a genius!!
  • I have an idea Mom! 
  • I must go do... (fill in the blank). For some reason using the word "must" cracks me up when said by a two year old!
  • I can do it MYSELF! 
  • It's gonna be OK mom... 
  • I'm gonna be the BEST big sista! 







1 comment:

Beej said...

These are fantastic. Dr King INDEED.