Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Girls Day Out

Emily and I had a fabulous day out recently - no kids, lunch and a trip to the salon followed by frozen yogurt. I could handle that once a week I think... Emily recently broke her foot and needed to just get out for a bit - I was happy to accompany her :)

We both got our hair "painted" with a fairly new technique called balayage. It's kind of like the ombre look where you are darker on top, so the roots growing out doesn't make a big impact on your hair - I like that I won't have to go back as often too. Then they paint on a bleach to random pieces of hair to make the ends get lighter and look like natural highlights, but the color is blended and worked into the top a bit too. The only thing is it takes a lot longer to process - we were there for more than three hours! I like my hair - kind of red still.


 I forgot to get a "before" photo to go with my "after." 



2 comments:

Beej said...

Gorgeous!!!

Erick and Megan said...

Love ur new do! Love those colors and highlights!