Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Kids Say the Darndest Things

The other day, I was asking Penelope if she knew her middle name. It had dawned on me that we don't use it very often. I told her it is Jane, and without skipping a beat she sang, "...and Michael Banks!" from the song Perfect Nanny from Mary Poppins that ends, "Sincerely, Jane and Michael Banks, dunh!!"  


Matt was wearing a shirt my dad had given him a few Christmases ago with El Dorado Fire Department on the back of it, and Miles  asked what the shirt was for. When Matt told him it was for Grandpa's job, he asked Matt, "Dad, when are YOU going to get a paying job??" (Technically, he does -Matt's internship pays better than my first job in PR out of college!).

Found this gem on my cell phone the other day... 
The kids made Valentine's cards and then later that day, I was getting after Claire for something I wanted her to do and she was avoiding. She said, "You're gonna be reaallly sorry when you read my Valentine's card!" I said, "Why, is it really nice inside?" and she said, "Well, now you know!"

So here is her card - pretty dang cute.


And speaking of Valentine's cards, here is one she got from a boy in her class named Allen - they get paired together a lot because they are the best readers in the class. Claire had told me at Parent Teacher Conferences a few months ago that the other kids in her class teased her that she would marry Allen... well, seems like Allen thinks it's a good idea... Oh my! 



And last one, I asked Penelope if she had taken a nap today, and she said she had taken a nap "at my dad's house." I said well, isn't that my house too? She said, "It's not your house, it's Dad's. Your house is at work!" Hmm - sad for me, I'm stuck at the office! Ironically, Matt seems to be at work more than I am lately - he even has to work on Saturdays!   

2 comments:

Beej said...

Little Allen is quite the charmer. With AMAZING penmanship for a 7 year old boy!! Holy crap.

Emily said...

The Valentine from Allen... Very cute, but look out! Hahaha!