Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Quotes

I just never get tired of hearing what Claire comes up with - she is quite the chatterbox, and she likes to tell random stories. Here are a few Christmas-related quotes that stood out to me this year that I managed to remember or write down.

"Mom, how is Santa going to get in to our house? We don't have a chimney. What if he skips us!!" She was very concerned about our lack of a fireplace and mentioned it probably every other day during the last few weeks before Christmas.

We have a hand-made advent calendar that Matt's sister Jonelle gave us, and each day there is an ornament for a felt Christmas tree. It was Matt and Claire's special morning routine to "pick a pocket." One of the last ornaments picked this year was a gingerbread house. She said, "Do you think there is a witch in there?" I think I told her the story of Hansel and Gretel only once!


I had to mention again the "Santa is old and weird" comment since it held true when she managed to avoid him twice.

Before going to bed tonight (post-Christmas), she called me back into her room to tell me, "Mom, shepherds went to the Baby Jesus and saved him! And then if Baby Jesus cries, Santa will come to him. And...that's all!"

Miles was looking at the Christmas tree and was saying, "Ho, ho, ho" over and over again, so Matt asked him "Where is Santa? (on the tree)" and Claire pipes in with, "He is in his workshop (duh!)" She didn't say "duh" but that was her tone.

No comments: