Thursday, December 16, 2010

More Claire Quotes

"Mom, what is Dad learning today at school?" I don't know why, but I thought this was a very mature question from a three year old.

We were talking about Matt being in school and taking tests. What grade did you get on your test Claire? "Pink." What grade did dad get? "Blue." What did mom get? "Red." So you can see her order of the best colors - pink is #1!

Claire was supposed to be asleep for at least an hour and a half when she came down from her room while we were watching TV. I said - Claire, why are you down here, you should be asleep. And she said, "Well, cause I'm growing up Mom."

Miles has reached the hitting stage - and Claire is just the right height to be within his reach more often than not. She said the other day, "Mom, I really wish Miles would stop hitting me. He's a hitter-guy." I hope so too Claire.

Claire had just taken a bath and I hadn't had a shower yet, but was getting her ready first. My hair was down - long and scraggly, and she said, "Mom, I actually like your hair!"

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ha ha, I love the color coded grades, LOL!! I hope matt gets all pinks!

She's a cutie, and I think I want one of those pictures please!!

Beej said...

Good grief I adore that girl!

Ali said...

Kids say the greatest things!

Stephanie Carmi said...

This was your best post yet. Please keep the Claire quotes coming. Thanks.

Stephanie Carmi said...

i'm on my, like, 5th time coming back here to read this post. And now i must comment on what a beautiful shot that is of her. those cheeks, man. good luck in 10 years, shan!!!