Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ethel M Chocolates - Cactus Garden

We went to the Cactus Gardens on Monday night, a very Vegas holiday spot to enjoy some Christmas cheer. Miles and Claire loved it - they yelled when we pulled up, and all the way to the entrance. Miles kept pointing and squealing at the lights.


However, shortly after arriving amidst all that joy, I turned into the Grinch. A family was taking a photo along the walkway leading up to the chocolate factory tour that we were headed to take, and Claire was looking at all the lights and snowmen near them when I heard the mom say in a very snarky voice - "That girl is in our picture! Eh!"

That girl was Claire, and Mama Bear emerged to save Claire - I said, "You could have just asked us to move." Mean Mom proceeded to give me a dirty look, so I said in my best sarcastic voice, "Merry Christmas!" and walked away (her husband even said - don't be so mean!). Then, of course, we saw them all over the Cactus Gardens and exchanged angry glances - it's not that big of a place. It totally ruined my evening - I should have just said politely, oh sorry, let me get my adorable daughter out of your photo so you don't have to do any unnecessary cropping on your photos. But no, I had to say the first thing that came to my mind. Anyway, the moral of the story is take a moment to think before you act or speak, because while not everyone has the Christmas spirit, you still can no matter what others do.

At least the kids had fun! We will have to go back next week - good thing it is free. I'll get two chances to enjoy my chocolate and lights.

4 comments:

Emily said...

You should have just told her that her picture would have been cuter with Claire in it.

We love the cactus gardens too!!

Kara said...

Oh no she didn't!!! How dare her cross you! Ha ha, I would have done the same thing as you! Some people have no patience! Sorry it ruined your evening though. That's the bad part about it all, we shouldn't let people get us down.

Stephanie Carmi said...

ha! her kids were probably ugly, too, mere extras next to claire.

Becky said...

I agree, the picture was probably way cuter with Claire Bear in it! I'm sorry, I know it was a struggle to get there anyway. It looks like a cute place, so good for you for getting/having to go again. :) You know me, I would have said way snarky things to her so you could have stayed in the Christmas spirit. You want something mean said, SEND ME!