Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Aunt Becky, Come Back!

My sister came to visit last weekend to meet Penelope and to help us take care of Claire and Miles (i.e. give them the attention they want that I can't give them right now). And she came alone - we had her all to ourselves and it was lovely. I know she missed her kids too, but I am so grateful that she came to spend time with us.
Becky brought arts and crafts for the kids, took them swimming, and to the dollar store for some toys. Claire chose more arts and crafts supplies and Miles of course chose guns - here is his FBI kit.
Sunday morning the kids came in to my room at 6:15 am - I was not happy to see them, given that I had been awake for much of the night and Penelope sleeps the best from 3 am to 7 am. But then I heard music to my ears - "Kids, come down and play bubbles!" Yes, my sister took them outside at 6:30 am to blow bubbles on the porch. And as an added bonus, they woke up some of our annoying neighbors.
Then she let the kids help her make cookies for our primary class - we had the kids guess if the baby was a boy or girl, the date the baby was born and the weight and length - whoever got the most points/closest on each category got a plate of cookies.
Let's plan the next visit :) Miles is packing his bags to visit Gabe, so it might be sooner than later!

2 comments:

Stephanie Carmi said...

What a good shishter!

Becky said...

I had a great time. I am so glad I was able to come, and especially glad I was by myself. My kids ate non stop McDonalds I think. :)They didn't miss me as much as I missed them I think. I love you and those kids so much, and Matt too. Thanks for letting me come and be with you.