Thursday, May 24, 2012

Last Day of Preschool

Claire said today was the best day, but also a sad day. She told me that she liked that she came home today with her back pack was so heavy (she says pack pack). It was full of books her teacher Ms. Chantelle let her borrow over the summer, a binder of pages to practice letters and numbers, words to know for Kindergarten and all the art projects she had done during the year. She also got a book with photos from the year, and a CD with the photos too. That was my favorite part - since I could add a few photos here, plus Claire loves the bound books we have of family photos, so I knew she would love having such a great way to remember preschool. It was these extra details and special things that Ms. Chantelle did throughout the year that made it such a great experience.

First day of preschool
Claire said her favorite things about preschool were the art projects and reading. She is basically a reader now, I love it. We have some trips to the library planned for the summer. You would have thought Claire had been given a bag of money or candy when she showed me the bag of books Ms. Chantelle let her borrow. My inner book nerd is rejoicing. :) She is going into Kindergarten knowing 43 of the 48 sight words that she is supposed to know, I believe, at the end of next year. We will have to keep up on the reading at home so Claire doesn't get bored, and I hope that her new teacher will let her move at her own pace, like she did this year. She was able to move on to a new book once she could read it, instead of staying with the class.  

Claire and Ms. Chantelle
Show and Tell
Claire's Class

1 comment:

Becky said...

It's amazing how much she has changed through this year. She looks so young in the first picture.