Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Penelope - First Photo Shoot

Penelope is now two and a half weeks old and is getting more alert every day. She is also holding up her head a lot and has a strong cry when left alone for too long. She is still very much on a newborn time schedule - sleeping much of the day, then awake for several hours at night. But hopefully all the noise and light of daytime (i.e. her siblings screaming at each other) will change that schedule soon. I get extremely cranky after a few nights of being awake from 1 am to 3 am, especially if I went to bed at 11:30 pm after watching one too many episodes of Downton Abbey. So it's totally my own fault for not getting to bed earlier. But still. So. Tired.

Here is Penelope in her newborn photo shoot - we went very girly and pink for this one and I love how they turned out. I also want to point out that the jewel in her crown is actually one of my earrings - part of the "push present" plus Mother's Day gift from Matt. It is an emerald, our shared May birthstone.  I hope someday I can give the earrings and necklace to Penelope.










4 comments:

Kara said...

PRECIOUS!! She's beautiful! I hope you get some more sleep soon!

Beej said...

I love her girly little butt!

Becky said...

I just showed the kids and they think she is so cute. Gabe said, "awww, so cute." then when he said her name it kind of sounded like bumblebee. :)

Jacqui said...

So, so sweet. And I loved Downton Abbey! I can see why you're up late.