Tuesday, August 28, 2012

First Day of Kindergarten

Claire had her first day of Kindergarten on Monday and she was incredibly excited. She has been waiting and waiting to start school - asking every day if it was time to go yet. We went to pick out a back to school outfit this past weekend and this girl loves sparkle, let me tell ya. She picked out this silver shirt with sequins to go with her silver sparkly Vans. There were several other sparkle shirts on the table as options, but I convinced her to just get one. She got a plain pink shirt from MeMa for school, and Claire said, "Well the buttons have sparkles at least."  :)

Matt had taken Claire to meet her teacher the Friday before school started. Since I was at work and missed it, I wasn't about to miss the first day of school. I arranged to come in late for the big day - but I was disappointed. Apparently Kindergarten is no-nonsense at Claire's school. We checked her in at the gate to the playground and she went inside, we stayed outside. Miles didn't want her to leave (as seen by his death grip on her in the pics below), and he cried when she left. Poor guy! He was the only one who cried. It all happened so fast, I didn't get a chance to feel sentimental.

I was glad I took pictures before school because I wouldn't have gotten anything from the classroom. Claire found two friends from church and she didn't look back. Not a wave, a look or even a pause when I yelled out to her. Miles said, "Bye Claire Bear!!" and she just kept walking towards the classroom, holding hands with her friends.


After school, Matt said Claire seemed to like her first day, but not love it. She told me she is sitting by a girl named Jewel. I asked if she was nice, and Claire said, "She speaks Chinese talk, and I didn't understand her very well but she was nice."

Claire was excited to have time on the circle mat and at recess because she could play with her friends. She did have one complaint about the day though. She said, "Well, I was hoping to get some homework, but we didn't. Maybe tomorrow." Oh Claire, I love you! 

3 comments:

Beej said...

So freaking adorable. Sparkly!!! Addy missed the cut-off in Seattle so kindergarten is next year. Claire will have to be her roommate in her sophomore year at BYU. She can show Addy around Provo. " Here's the Creamery, and there's the Wilk..."

Lauren said...

What a cutie pie!

Becky said...

What a cute little lady. I love her! And I love her sparkly shirt. ;-)