Friday, August 10, 2012

Happy Birthday Miles!

Mr. Man is 3 years old today! He has been looking forward to his birthday for a long time - always saying that his birthday "is comin' up!" Now he he is sporting his new green cast (we all thought he'd pick blue). After two and a half weeks in a half cast, he finally got the full cast on Wednesday. He has to wear it for three and a half weeks. He seems like he's getting used to it and even when he falls down (often) he doesn't complain about his arm. Miles is a pretty tough kid when it comes to real injuries - perceived hurts, now that's another story.

We weren't able to get a waterproof cast because our doctor didn't offer it, or at least not to his HMO patients... So we got a waterproof cast cover at a medical supply store. One trip to the pool (when he still had the half cast) and Miles already figured out how to pull the plug on the side, letting water in. I think it will be good for a quick shower or the splash park, but maybe not for swimming. Too bad because it has been so, so hot! I feel bad for Claire because she has become quite the swimmer this summer and loves going to the pool, but we have been avoiding it.

It's amazing how in one short year Miles has gone from Toy Story to all things super hero - especially Spider Man and Bat Man. Which was good timing with the new movies coming out recently, so the stores are stocked with toys and notebooks and pens from the Avengers, Amazing Spider Man and the Dark Knight. I love Target. Anyway, I decided to make some super hero capes for his birthday present. I think they turned out pretty cute, and now he has more for his boy dress up/costume box.


I asked Miles a few questions on his birthday:
  • What is your favorite color? Green and blue
  • What is your favorite food? Blueberries and yogurt
  • What is your favorite movie? 101 Dalmatians
  • What is your favorite TV show? Peep and the Big Wide World (PBS)
  • Who are your friends? Claire, Zach, Gabey, my friends at the park
  • What do you want for your birthday? Superman cape (good job Shannon!)
  • What do you like to do for fun? Ride my bike
  • How did you break your arm? "Me fall backwards on a slide. Me try to be Superman and me try, try but I just fall down and hurt my arm. Me cried." (We are working on me vs. I)

2 comments:

Beej said...

Miles Man!! Me want to hug him. I like how he talks
Ike Cookie Monster.

Becky said...

Love the capes. And love his answers. I am glad Gabe made the friend cut. :) We hope he had a great birthday.