Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Heard Around the Hillers

We have some birthdays coming up - Miles' is on Friday, Claire's is next month. We talk about them a lot - what theme they want for their party, what presents they want on their wish list, and if they get to do a friend party or not (probably not). Claire says her birthday is September 17, instead of September 17th. I am trying to teach her to say the "th" part. The other day we were talking about something happening on the first of the month, and she said, "Oh, do you mean on the one-th?"

Miles has been waking up a lot at night - sometimes I let him lay next to me for a bit in our bed, and I have discovered that he talks in his sleep quite a bit. The other night he was very upset and woke up saying - "Claire took my ice cream cup!!" He was distraught and I had to convince him it was a dream.

Matt took the kids to Bass Pro shop the other day to look at the animals and burn off some energy playing on the boats. But the best part of a trip to Bass Pro shop is they usually get to buy a treat on the way out. They each chose gummy peach rings. After the store, we were all headed to Matt's indoor soccer game. Claire decided to save her treats for the game, but Miles opened his candy. He didn't seem to comprehend the concept of "saving" a treat for later. Miles said, "Save candy? What?! I will save candy... in my MOUTH!" He is so my child.

1 comment:

jessi said...

hahaha. save it in my mouth!! I love that. what a little stinker.