Thursday, November 10, 2016

Thankful Thursdays

I am thankful for a month-long focus on gratitude. We have an 8-foot tall gratitude tree up in the house this year and I love it! We are going to add more leaves every week, but we made a good start.

The kids had some interesting things to add to their leaves - Penelope was grateful for chickens because they give us eggs. And then she immediately asked if she could eat some chicken that I had in the fridge... she really likes chicken. Claire said she was grateful for education, and then asked how to spell "education" - which we had a good laugh over. She could appreciate the irony :)


I am grateful for these ladies and their support as we have babies within months off each other year after year, and try to raise our kids as best as we can.  Look how young we are! This was twelve years ago, I think. And Happy Birthday to Megan today! 


I am so thankful for a flexible schedule that allows for the chance to experience a lot of great moments as mom, even with a busy work week. We went to the park today and it was gorgeous - 72 degrees with a slight breeze. I should add in this is the time of year I am grateful to live in Las Vegas.


I am thankful that my kids are for the most part, kind to each other. They of course fight and argue like all kids do but when it comes down to it, they love each other. They take care of each other.


I was dropping Claire and Miles off at the school last week and Claire's 3rd grade teacher from last year was there at the gate. I was about to drive away and she flagged me down. I rolled down my passenger window and she said, "Your kids are very good to each other - they are always so cute." I of course said, oh maybe they are right now but you should see them at home, or some other deflecting comment.  She said, "No, they are always good together." I got a bit teary-eyed and said thank you, and drove away. She didn't have to do that - she could have let me drive away instead of chasing me down. I'm thankful for people who pass on kindness, compliments and positivity when they could easily just remain silent.

And today I am thankful for this little guy - his smile melts my heart and lights up the room. Henry was smiling like crazy at the cashier at Sams Club today - every time she looked at him he just grinned and grinned. He had her laughing the whole time and then I couldn't help but laugh too.  Adults need to laugh more. Life is good.





No comments: