Thursday, November 17, 2016

Thankful Thursdays

I used to keep a gratitude journal - every day I would write at least 5 things that I was thankful for that day. It was during a time in my life that it was hard for me to think like that and some days I had a difficult time coming up with five things.  They were often very simple and basic things.

It is much easier for me to come up with five things to be grateful for now- and that is probably my number one item today. I am in a good place. I am healthy, happy, challenged, loved and needed. And I know it and recognize it and enjoy it. Because I know life throws us curve balls and things change and this might not always be the case.

I am grateful that Matt makes me laugh. I need to laugh even more - it feels good.

I am grateful for often needing to decide between two good choices - I should be so lucky to even have ONE good option, let alone two. It's still sometimes tough to decide though, right? 

I am grateful for my long-time friends who support me and love me from nearby and afar - I wish we all lived on the same street, but since that's not possible yet (maybe we can work that out in heaven, ok guys?), we keep in touch as best as we can. And pick up like we saw each other yesterday when we do get a chance to see each other in person. 

I am grateful for music and how it can change our moods and bring happiness. As I write this I hear Claire singing "The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow" in her room, belting it out all alone.  Penelope is listening to a song from the Zootopia soundtrack "Try Everything!" and singing and dancing. I hope they don't get too cool for that... we need more dance parties and karaoke moments around here. Claire is taking piano lessons and I hope that I can learn to play sometime too - I always liked when my mom played piano at home though I am sure I appreciate it even more now. 

Life is good. 

No comments: