Sunday, November 20, 2016

Trip to Front Sight

I finally went with Matt to Front Sight, a gun training course out towards Pahrump in the middle of the desert. Matt and I took the two-day handgun course, along with his dad Phil.  I had thought about going before, but was always pregnant or nursing and two days is a big time commitment. Anyway, the stars aligned and Betty watched the kids for us for two long days, otherwise it would never have happened.  









I felt way outside my comfort zone at first - something totally new and something I'm not so good at. But I thought of it as just learning a new skill and tried to be patient with my slow progress.  It was our first cold weekend of the Fall - it got down into the upper 30s in the morning. I think this was one of the prettiest sunsets I'd ever seen - the clouds over the desert looked on fire. Not a bad day at the office! 


It was nice to get away and spend time together, plus I feel way more comfortable handling a gun now, though I am sure I could use a lot more training. Maybe we will go back in the Spring for another class.  Or maybe Matt can go with me to a class of my choosing - like tennis or card making. Ha! :)



No comments: