Monday, March 13, 2017

Henry Lee Update

I am the worst, and haven't done Henry's 18 month check up... it's just about time for his 2 year well-check, so I guess I better get on that...


Henry shares a room with Miles and they both do pretty well, though on occasion Miles brings him to me in the middle of the night. For a while there I was giving him a bottle when he woke up like that, and I think I was creating a habit for him... so we quit that and after one sad night, he stopped waking up expecting a bottle.. knock on wood! 


He is a boy of few words - he says a few things here and there, never to be repeated even with much encouragement and excitement from all of us. He still takes a pacifier and maybe that's part of the problem, but he also has the grunt and point method down pat. He nods no or yes until we find the thing he is pointing to. He does sign a few words but mainly when we prompt him to say please, more, drink, milk, dog, thank you, etc. He rarely does it on his own first, at least for me. 


He loves to throw balls and play with his basketball hoop, but he is OBSESSED with cars, trucks and anything with wheels. He runs over to the big school buses and wants to touch their wheels when we are at the school, and it makes me so nervous! He has become quite the independent little guy and he runs away from me all the time. If he gets out of the grocery cart, he darts for the exit and has even made his way outside the sliding doors at a few stores. Mom of the year... I know. 

I have decided I don't care how much he cries and whines, he isn't getting out of the cart! I strap him in now, though sometimes I let him push the cart. He literally loves anything with wheels, so he will stay with me and push the cart through the whole store. But if you ever want to stop, he gets really mad and keeps pushing and pushing. It's actually a good arm workout for me to hold the cart back. :)

He likes to eat tomatoes. If I have cherry tomatoes and a candy bar in my grocery store cart, he will choose to eat handfuls of tomatoes every time. He eats straight pico de gallo salsa and grabs tomatoes off of my salads. He also likes to eat fruit, pretzels, chicken and hot dogs - he's a pretty good eater when he's hungry. I don't really worry about him eating or not - he eats when he's hungry. He still takes a bottle in the morning and at night before bedtime - none of the other kids took a bottle past one year. They just didn't like it or want it, so I'm not sure how or when to take this bottle away from Henry. He doesn't like milk in a sippy cup or in a straw - but we need to find a solution pretty soon. 

His 2nd birthday is just 3 weeks away! Stop growing Bubba! His nicknames continue to change and grow. Bubba, Bubba Cakes, Stink, Bubbs, The Bubbs, Heh Heh (that's Genevieve's), Hank Hiller. I do love nicknames - he may end up with the most! 


No comments: