Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Kid Quotes

Sometimes on busy work days, we drive thru somewhere for dinner - especially when Matt is working late and he will eat dinner at work. The other night I wanted to know how hungry everyone really was before I spent money on dinner - if they have been snacking a lot then I will just make something small at home. I asked, "On a scale of 1-10, 1 being you're not hungry and 10 being you're as hungry as a hippo, how hungry are you?" Penelope said, "I'm a 100! I'm a T-Rex!!"

Miles told us he learned about the "ironic" priesthood today at church. Perfect prompting to teach him about the Aaronic priesthood instead.

We have had a few warm days and it's now Spring in Vegas, which means Summer is two weeks away! JK. I keep the house pretty cool, typically, but Penelope gets so worked up at bedtime that she makes herself hot running around. Getting her second wind is her favorite bedtime routine. Anyway, she was being over the top about how hot she was, agonizing over the heat and I said, "Stop being such a drama queen Penelope!" She stopped her scene and said, "Actually, I'm a Drama Mama!"


In Penelope's preschool class, the kids have given each other nicknames all based on alliteration - so she is Penelope Pickle, Princess Penelope and Penelope Pinky. Those don't sound too bad - and she actually loves pickles so it works for her. She said she has nicknames for the other kids - but they might not like them so much... Mason Mushroom, Jermaine Jam and Jelly, Sinai Sandwich.

Penelope came up to me wearing the pair of black rimmed glasses that the kids have all been wearing lately and I said, "Hello Detective Penny." She said, "Actually, just call me Penelope."




No comments: