Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Claire - 7 months

Claire is 7 months old this month (plus one week, now) and she weighs about 19 pounds using our official "weigh yourself, then hold Claire and weigh yourself" method. I have no idea how tall she is but she looks really tall to me... she's got some tall genes comin' her way. I hope she is tall, but not crazy tall... tall enough to play sports but not so tall that she doesn't want to wear high heels. That would be a shame :)


She isn't crawling yet, but you can tell that she is close to starting - she rotates... I never really catch her in the act but she almost pivots on one point and ends up pointing in the opposite direction. She does this a lot in her crib too, and sometimes with blurry eyes at 1 am, I forget which way she was facing when I put her in bed and it throws me all off.


We have finally hit our stride with solid foods and Claire does well with cereal and all sorts of foods - fruits and veggies, and she is eating the Stage 2 foods now. Such a big girl! Her hair is getting long in the front - I clip it back because I just can't cut it, and the bald spot in the back is starting to fill in with new fuzzy brown hair (she is keeping the brown hair, not going blonde like we thought). I think she has my coloring but is looking more like Matt every day. Good thing he is cute!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Claire is such a cutie and I can't believe she's seven months old! I swear, life gets so much easier and more fun when your baby starts eating solids so well. That's when Nathan really slept well through the night. Plus, when you're nursing, it seems to get easier. Anyways, I think tall genes would be great, especially for sports. I always wanted to be 6'3" tall! Kinda didn't make it that far, but o-well. My tall friends had a hard time finding tall enough guys to date. They all seem to go for the short girls!

Mere and Matt said...

You're NEVER too tall for heels. Never let Claire set those kinds of crazy limits on herself! :)

Erick and Megan said...

That's fun that you get to see your dad! I can't wait to hear about the blurg or whatever it was called thing. Oh and I'm glad you posted about the ldsjournal because I forgot what it was called. Oh AND I loved Elder Ballards talk too! I misted all the way through the late night dishes I was doing! Perfect talk!

Jacqui said...

Can I just say that besides my kids, she is the cutest baby I've ever seen!! Such a little dolly.

I hopped on Meredith's blog. She is so darn funny, isn't she?