Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Finding Time for Journaling

I have always liked to write, but I guess in the end writing about myself is difficult. I'm talking about writing in a journal, specifically. I have always had a journal since I was a kid - I was hit and miss with journaling back then too. The sad part is that now I really have important things to write about and the life of my beautiful baby to document, but it is such an easy thing to let fall by the wayside. But I have recently found something that has actually helped me to journal consistently for the past 3 weeks - LDSJournal.com.

It is a free website that archives your journal entries, reminds you to journal, allows you to upload photos and video, lets you print out a cool book at the end of the year with your journal (hard bound, with photos - there will be a fee for this service) and it's just like writing in a blog - only private and more personal. And since I type like 70+ words a minute, it's easier and faster for me. I still like the idea of seeing someone's handwriting in a journal - it feels more historical that way. But left to my own handwriting, I probably wouldn't write at all.

Anyway, I am a bit biased because I am working with them on some PR things, but I have become a user myself and I really like it. So, if you are not a great journaler either, give LDSJournal.com a shot - it's free so you might as well test it out. And anyone can use this site - not just LDS members :)

2 comments:

Kara said...

You inspire me! If you can find time to write in a journal, then I should be able to. I feel the same way, and I'm going to try out this LDSJournal too. I just wish I knew what the cost would be to print out the book. I guess if I really do it, I won't have a choice to buy it no matter what the cost is. Is that their strategy?

Matt and Shannon said...

You can print out each page the day you write it if you'd like - there is a print feature that formats it all nice for you - so you could put the pages into a binder or something like that. They are still determining the cost for the books - obviously a book of all b&w text will cost less than adding a bunch of color photos and such... I'm thinking it will be kind of like MyPublisher.com or the books on Snapfish, those types of photo books, only less since the majority will be text only... stay tuned :)