Tuesday, April 8, 2008

General Conference - Thank you Elder Ballard

So, I was really hoping that the talks from General Conference had been posted already, but they just have the MP3 files up so far. I absolutely loved Elder Ballard's talk, and felt that his remarks directed towards young mothers was exactly what I needed to hear. Matt had not been feeling well so he was upstairs taking a nap during the second session - which left me free to cry my eyes out all by myself.

He just made you feel like it was ok to ask for help, to say no sometimes to things people ask you to do, and to put your family first before everything else. Anyway, I didn't take notes so I can't quote him just yet, but here is the link for the Conference Talks once they are posted.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Bless your heart! I would have cried with you.

Alexis said...

His talk was by far my favorite. I loved everything he had to say and it was what I needed to hear.

Jacqui said...

I am right there with you, sista...

Anonymous said...

Vickey Codella, here.
I couldn't agree more! I felt like that talk was directed right at me. I had prayed for a talk like that, and thought my chances of hearing something like that were getting pretty slim until he stood up and started speaking! It will be one that I read over and over again.
I just printed out that talk last night and can't wait to re-read it! It was so realistic and down to earth. I LOVED IT, TOO! :)