Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Laughlin River Run

It's time for the annual Laughlin River Run, when motorcycle riders from all over the country converge on Laughlin Nevada and overflow into Vegas for a huge motorcyle event - a 'tradeshow' of sorts.

There have been some crazy incidents with this event every year - shootings, Hells Angels, all sorts of stuff. Which is why it's kind of funny that one of the bikers coming again this year is my dad, Bishop Johnson. He doesn't really fit the profile, but he has loved motorcycles since he was a kid (I think he's always had at least one bike since he was 15). He is probably done with the Laughlin scene by now - he goes for one day and then gets to spend some time with me. He has been coming every since I have moved here, and it's always nice to have some time with my dad.

I'm hoping to get some nice shots with Claire and the Harley (and my dad) - hopefully to post soon!

3 comments:

Alifinale said...

That is so funny/awesome that your dad does that. My dad totally wants to do that. He wants to do like a cross country trip but I don't know if that will happen - he is in his mid-70's. Can't wait for some pics.

Mere and Matt said...

We have the N. Nevada equivalent, "Run-a-Mucca." WE made the mistake of going to it one year. We also made the mistake of eating some of the carnival food they make. Matt's never been sicker. We've also had shootings. How great that these rallies have things in common. Good luck, Shannon's dad!

Jacqui said...

That is way too funny! Does he wear leather chaps?