Monday, February 28, 2011

Don't Jinx It...

... but I think Claire is potty trained, at least during the day. We aren't quite 100% yet, but it is soooooooooooooooo much better than where we were even 2 months ago. We went about a year between the times she was willing to go poop on the toilet. What a long year it was.

She cracks me up with her excitement to go poop, yes poop. One day she just went into the bathroom on her own and went. Months and months of begging, pleading and crying, and she just does it. Now when she goes she yells for either me or Matt to "come check this out!!" It is hard to stay excited every time, but we do because we can't face the alternative - Pull Ups. Yesterday she called in both me and Matt and said we had to come see something - then she started counting to what I assumed would be to 3 before she would show us the results of her efforts. Once she reached 12, we had to stop her. :)

So, as part of our long list of bribes for pooping on the toilet, we are going to Disneyland to celebrate! If that doesn't keep her motivated, I don't know what will.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Oh man she looks so grown up in those pictures! YAY CLAIRE!!!!

I hope she sticks with it!
Have so much fun at disneyland, I'm way jealous.

Matt and Shannon said...

I knew the second I would blog about her potty training, I would jinx it, and I was right! She pooped in her pants today - she was playing and got sidetracked and didn't quite make it to the toilet. Sheesh...