Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday on Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! I have to say again how much I value looking for gratitude in my life every day and every week. It makes me start the day differently, in a good way.

This week I am grateful for:

1. Seasonal treats - I just can't resist the peppermint ice cream, flavored cocoa, pumpkin cheesecake, and eggnog milk shakes

2. Kids going to sleep on time and without getting up at all, all night long. We usually have a few false starts with Claire. And Miles fell asleep in my arms while I rocked him this week - he usually doesn't do that. But made me smile and then cry a little. :)

3. Having access to great books, and having/making time to read them. I will read a good book over any other form of entertainment, any day of the week. And I still love my Kindle, one year later.

4. My family - I know it's cliche, but family is home, roots, memories, and love. I hope I am creating that for my kids too.

5. The Power Squad - Las Vegas friends for going on twelve years who helped me stay here long enough to meet Matt. I know I would have left before then if not for their friendship. The only place I have ever lived longer than Las Vegas is my hometown in California, where I haven't lived since I was 18 years old. Thank you ladies :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

#5. You're welcome. ;)

I love you Shannon and am grateful we're friends.

xoxo, Karry

Beej said...

#5. As a Power Squad emeritus, I say amen. Best group of friends a gal could have. They are the reason I miss LV.