Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Baby #3: From a Man on Man to a Zone Defense

We are happy to announce that my lack of socialization, my absence at basketball night, our new huge van payment, my weak showing at walking group, and my lovely acne covered complexion are all for a good cause - I am pregnant!

I am due on May 15th! I am looking forward to not being 8-9 months pregnant in the middle of the Vegas summer. Since I am only 16 weeks along I don't know what we are having yet. And if Matt has his way, we won't know until the baby is born. I am working on him, but he seems to be holding strong. I told him to start making me some offers I can't refuse in exchange for not finding out.

So, now with Baby Hiller on the way, Matt and I will be outnumbered. I am a little scared. I never really liked to play zone defense in basketball. I liked knowing who I was guarding and that I was the one responsible to stay with them. So with three kids, who is responsible for which kid? There will be no more of "I have Claire, you have Miles." We will figure it out - we always do :)

6 comments:

Emily said...

YAY!!!! May birthdays are the best!

So happy for you guys and jealous of your van.

I can't wait to find out what you're having! Matt is so silly.

Jacqui said...

Awesome. Can't wait to find out girl or boy. You'll be a saint if you hold out. I always figured it was a surprise in the ultrasound room or in the delivery room, but I can see how fun it might be to wait. Might. :O) haha.

You are entering the crazy phase, that's for sure, especially with three kids four and under. Weirdly enough, we're past that. It seemed to take forever, but now seems so fast. I know you'll be an amazing mama to three kids. Such a blessing!

Shane & Amy said...

Congratulations! I have to side with Matt on not finding out. We didn't with our third since we had one of each. It was fun, torture and everyone hated it - but it was so fun in the delivery room hearing the doctor call out "GIRL". Our doctor didn't know either and actually delivered her, so it was extra fun for all of us! Hope you get your second wind soon. I told my hubby that I'll be tired for another 18 years, so get use to it! :)

Laura Tippetts said...

CONGRATS!!! That is so exciting!

Tell that crazy husband of yours we need to know the sex. The suspense is no fun at all.

Laura Tippetts said...

oh and that was from me.. Laura Tippetts :) I don't even know which account I am logged in to.

Ali said...

So wonderful and exciting Shanny! I know you will adjust to your new defense splendidly. :)

Can't wait to find out what you're having. I'm with Jacqui - it's a surprise in the ultrasound room too!