Thursday, July 5, 2012

Mom, Can We Have a Backyard?

Yep, it's waiting for you at your Aunt Becky's house. :)

My kids ask me for a backyard often, as we don't have one, or even a door to the back of the house. Matt thinks they wouldn't play out there even if we had one, but I say otherwise. We went up to Salt Lake to visit my sister and these kids played and played in the backyard. It didn't hurt to have an awesome water slide bounce house set up for McKinley's birthday party. It was definitely a hit!



Miles and Gabe liked to have screaming matches followed by arguments over Miles wanting to hold Gabe's hand. I think that means they do like each other in between being typical two-year-old boys.




We also got to visit with my cousin Jenny - we haven't seen each other since Claire was about 18 months old.  She loved holding Penelope and spoiled the other kids with candy. Thanks for the sugar high, Jenny :)
We also took a trip to the Hogle Zoo, which was crowded but fun. I hear rumor of a zoo here in Las Vegas, but I am afraid to see what animals look like after living so long in this desert heat. At the Hogle Zoo, we saw elephants, seals, sea lions, a polar bear, brown bears, giraffes, monkeys, gorillas, lemurs, and more. It was hot and humid so we didn't last too long, but the train was a fun way to end the visit.









2 comments:

Ali said...

Cousins are so much fun. I was just telling my brother this morning that I wished we all lived closer. Sigh.

soggydance said...

The photo of Miles and Gabe cheering is priceless!