Saturday, October 13, 2012

Visit to Salt Lake

We took a trip to Salt Lake City last week so I could attend the BYU Management Society conference, and in particular to meet with the newly formed women's groups from other chapters. I am not on the BYUMS board anymore, but agreed to help start the Las Vegas Women's Network (because I am a glutton for punishment who can't say no).

Plus, I had another good reason to go up there: Becky!  That is really the reason we went, to spend time with her family. Organizing transportation for me to get to BYU while Matt had a way to get around, and pumping during the conference, was kind of rough so without the added incentive to see the Coontz', we probably would have stayed home. I only went to maybe four hours each day, and had to pump once on BYU campus, using the office of the BYUMS administrator. It was definitely a different experience walking across campus with my "Pump in Style" bag that is supposed to look like a work bag, but if you've ever seen one, you can spot it a mile away as a pump.


It was nice to be on campus - I know I didn't appreciate how nice it really is when I was a student. I would like my kids to go there, but they will have to choose for themselves I guess. I was on UNLV campus just one week later, and the contrast is amazing. The dress code alone sets them apart by a mile - you just don't see girls who look like they just left the club when you're on BYU campus.

The kids had fun, played well for the most part, and graciously let us take a million pictures of them. They also got to go to the aquarium in Salt Lake,and. Matt and Danny went to the USC vs U of U football game as USC fans, brave move Dan. But USC won, and Dan was in heaven. Becky and I also got a bit of time together going shopping where we put back everything we had in our arms.  We decided to stay one more night and leave on Sunday instead because the BYUMS conference took up most of my time on Thursday and Friday.

 




Saturday we went up to Silver Lake past the ski resorts to look at the changing fall leaves. We were woefully underdressed, but I was loving feeling COLD! It was still so hot in Las Vegas, so the 65 degree weather was awesome, and I refused to wear a coat. Miles, however, refused to take off his borrowed vest, which was a bit too small for him. And Becky and I finally took a photo together.









 

And Penelope was on this trip, but she spent a lot of time in the stroller staying warm in her "winter clothes." Luckily Becky had some sweatshirts for us to borrow.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Love this post. And it was an awesome trip. Wanna come back next month?!

Paige Bailey said...

Fun times! I love visiting my sisters. I want to visit Utah to see all those changing colors and take my family around all our old stomping grounds. :)