Friday, November 2, 2012

Rejected

Penelope boycotted nursing for almost two days this week. I was freaking out. If this is my last baby, then I want to stop nursing on my own terms! I was not only sore, but sad - nursing can be so tiring in the beginning, but I was enjoying this stage of fewer feedings, the quiet time with the babe, and just getting to snuggle a bit. My kids aren't really cuddly - as soon as they are mobile they just go, go go. I know I only have so many months left with her as a baby before she is quickly off to toddlerhood. Nursing is also my connection with her even when I'm at work, so I didn't want to give up.

So, I pumped, fed her a bottle and cereal, and kept trying to nurse. She gave in and nursed again. I could seriously see a look like, "Fine mom, you win this time," cross her face.  Who knows, she might turn on me again. This girl who was so stubborn and wouldn't take a bottle for a month may now prefer the bottle to me. Sigh.

No comments: