Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Wrangler Readers

 
Claire and Matt went with Easton and Steve to a Las Vegas Wranglers hockey game this week. They had so much fun! I guess there were a lot of fights in the game, and they had second row seats with an up-close-and-personal view to the craziness. Claire wasn't so sure about the fighting, but she has been cheering for her own imaginary hockey team up in her room this week. I heard her saying - "Come on Wranglers! You got this!" She is a fan.

She will get tickets to another Wrangler's game if she finishes a six-week reading program at her school. She loves reading and I have to make her stop reading and go to bed almost every night. Her teacher found out she is a good little reader and tested her reading level this week at school. She got 100% on the first grade reading test. Of course my next question was, well at what level can she read then? The teacher said they are only allowed to test one grade level above her current grade. Hmm. That makes me a little frustrated. Any teacher friends out there know how I can test Claire to find out her appropriate reading level so I can challenge her with the right books?

1 comment:

Lauren said...

That is awesome the she is such a good reader!