Sunday, November 25, 2012

Tree Lighting Ceremony

We braved the crowds, parked and walked a mile down to the Main Street, Placerville tree lighting ceremony the day after Thanksgiving. They close the street down and the stores stay open late for everyone who waits for the large tree across from the court house to light up. Vendors are set up on the street and they have live music too.

I admit I was grouchy about the crowds and the long walk at first, but it was fun to see the town come together. The kids liked the tree lighting countdown and they even saw Santa. I hope we are creating some fun memories for the kids - it's why I take pictures and do this blog. It will help them remember that we tried to do fun things with them, even when it was sometimes a challenge with young kiddos and strollers and diapers and tantrums.



2 comments:

soggydance said...

So jealous! My family would go to this every year!

Stephanie Carmi said...

cool!