Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cell Phone Pics Catch Up

A few random pictures from my phone that I wanted to remember - sometimes it's the only way I can capture a quick moment with the kids. 

The Camry is in the shop after a teenager rear ended Matt on his way home from UNLV a few weeks ago - he didn't even get a ticket because the cop said the damage looked to be less than $700. Apparently that is a law in Nevada... but lo and behold, the officer was not a mechanic and the estimate came back at $4,400. On a 2002 Camry, that pretty much eats up most of the value of the car..so now what? In the meantime, the kids enjoyed riding their booster seats in the living room and taking the rental car for a spin. 

Claire's latest accessory - clip on earrings that a woman from work gave to me for Claire's dress up box. I think they are circa 1982. As you can see here, they don't stay in the dress up box. She wears them quite often (both these pictures are taken in Cafe Rio - how unlike us!) She told me the other day that she would like to get her ears pierced when she is 8, because at that age it won't hurt as bad. I think it still hurt in my 20s, sorry Claire!

 I took a random picture of the hair bows and headbands that are taking over my bathroom. What you don't see are the elastic headbands, some with bows attached and some without, that are off to the left. I confess that I do wear a few of these headbands from time to time, but I feel too "cutesy" to wear them to work.

Latest sign on the door to Claire and Miles' room, courtesy of Claire. She has taken to hanging up her notes and artwork with scotch tape all over the house. I feel bad when I take it down after a few days, so I am letting her keep a few things on her door. For now.

Just the cutest face there ever was! She looks a bit in shock - probably because of the noise level at the Art Night at Claire's elementary school last week. Penelope stayed in her stroller the whole time and was a good as can be - but she seemed a bit overwhelmed.

And proof that they do like each other! I had to record this moment. I will show it to them the next time they fight - oh wait, kids come here and look at the computer screen! Yeah, didn't take long... like cats and dogs, these two.

1 comment:

Stephanie Carmi said...

my favorite post so far. love these kiddos!