Sunday, April 21, 2013

Vegas Tourists

Everyone should be a tourist in their own town sometimes, right? Our friends are moving from Las Vegas in a few months and they have a bucket list of things to do here before they leave. We joined them to check out Pink's Hot Dogs at Planet Hollywood, and then a walk down to M&M World. Pink's was worth the $7 price tag. Our chili bacon dogs were delicious! We were definitely off our diets for this visit...






In classic Vegas tourist mode, we decided that it didn't seem that far to walk from Pink's to M&M World, but it felt too long with each smut handler that we passed. The kids had a great time, but I think their innocence and excitement to be walking down The Strip, hand in hand with their friends, made it easy for them to look past some of the unpleasant parts of our town. I was literally sick to my stomach a few times thinking that my children were in that environment. I have lived here for a long time, and I like to think I am not a prude or overly sensitive, but Vegas has changed. Pushing my stroller through a carpet of discarded cards, I decided that I am OK to never walk down to the Strip again. I would go straight to see something like the gardens at Bellagio but not just to walk around.

On a positive note, look how much fun they had? And we only have a few more months to hang out with the Nielsons, so we are glad we got to spend time with them. Next time, Red Rock?




No comments: