Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Finally in the Six Club!

All last school year, Claire was so sad to be the only one in her class not in the Six Club. She is once again the youngest girl in her class - in fact, another girl in her first grade class turned seven on the same day. But biased as I am, I think she is one of the brightest little kids around.

Thank you Aunt Becky!! We love getting presents! These started out the birthday celebration!


We just did a party at MeMa's, which was Claire's request. I am glad because I don't want to do a big party every year. I need to come up with some rules or traditions about birthdays, like which years get a party or what they get to choose each year - a party or a bigger present maybe?

My favorite present for Claire this year? The Little House on the Prairie books. I can't wait to read them with Claire! I got them from my grandma w hen I was maybe 10 and I read them so many times over the years. It was cool to have Betty give them to Claire because she grew up in South Dakota near where Laura Ingalls Wilder lived in the Dakotas.







Birthdays wear us out! Ken borrowed the La La Loopsy game blindfold

Claire looked into this bag and immediately shut it tight - UNDERWEAR! 


Hello Kitty is still in vogue this year - she requested cupcakes for both her class and her party



1 comment:

Beej said...

Is there anything better than a Claire smile???