Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wizard of Oz at the Smith Center

I took Claire to see the Wizard of Oz at the Smith Center for an early birthday present. She loved that movie as a toddler and was never scared to watch it. When my mom first showed it to her, I thought she was crazy but Claire loved any movie with songs in it. 

Claire would sing along to all the songs - there is nothing cuter than a three year old singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow! She doesn't know all the words as well now, but it is still one of her favorite stories and I wanted to do something special for her birthday, which is coming up next week. 



Sometimes you just can't log the required reading time for homework each night - so we read the play bill instead, and learned about theater etiquette. I think that counts for learning new things and experiencing a cultural event, don't you?



The show was so fun! Lots of smoke and fire, glitter and green. The wicked witch stole the show, for sure! She had some great comedic moments and a fabulous dress and hair. Here are some pictures I found online from the show:




No comments: