Saturday, November 9, 2013

Getting Out of Our Comfort Zone - Belly Dancing!

Our friends invited us to a belly dancing class at the Women's Center near St. Rose Hospital, and I thought, What the heck? Let's try it. It would make for an interesting new experience, even if it wasn't something I'd normally try on my own.

So Claire, Miles and I went to check it out. Miles took one step inside the room, saw that it was all women, and said, "No, I don't think so!" So he colored in the kids corner while Claire and I tried some hip pops and shimmy shimmys with the other ladies. We had veils and "shaky shaky" scarves with the little coins all over them. Once I decided to just go for it and not be embarrassed, it was pretty fun. That said, you won't find a single photo of me from the class. :)

Claire was a natural -she has a super fast hip shake and just danced all around the class with her veil. Why can't adults be that carefree and not self-conscious?


If you're wondering about the stuffed owl, he is Claire's class mascot, Hootie. She was supposed to take him on all her adventures this weekend and write about him in her class journal, so he came along.


The kids, Hootie, and the drum the teacher used in class during some of the dances. Even without a soccer game today, they definitely still got a work out. 

1 comment:

soggydance said...

Good for you guys! Looks like a fun mom/daughter outing if you ask me!