Monday, November 18, 2013

Kid Quotes

Claire had a bad rash on her skin and we weren't sure if we should let her play in her last soccer game of the season. I asked her if she felt up to playing and she said, "I'm not sure. I will let you know my decision in the morning." She already has more skill at negotiation tactics than I do! And her choice of words is so grown up all the time.

I asked Claire if she wanted to play on a basketball league since she always plays basketball at recess and before school, and since I want her to play my favorite sport. She said, "I don't think I'm a good fit for basketball." A good fit? What is this, a job interview?! I asked her what that meant to her and she said, "I am just good at taking the ball away, I don't really know how to play." I said that's defense, and defense wins games! I think she just doesn't have the strength to shoot a full-size basketball on the playground. I will have to keep asking her if she is ready to try.

Miles was brushing my hair (sometimes I can talk the kids into it) and Matt called Claire over to sit down next to him on the couch. She said, "Don't tell me. You want me to brush YOUR hair too!"

For some reason, Miles was anti-girl after pre-school the other day. He said he wasn't ever going to look at girls again. Or trees. Because they are scary at night. Claire said, "What about Carly? She's a girl." Miles said that it was OK to look at Carly since she is his friend. Claire tried again, "What about Mom? She's a girl." Miles said, "She's practically my mom!!" Claire says, "She is your mom silly, and your friend." So I guess I made the cut.

No comments: