Thursday, November 14, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

“You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.” 
- Sarah Ban Breathnach - writer


I am trying to be grateful in any situation - it's tough! But a great way to look at life if you can train your brain to think that way all the time. Here are some examples:

When after an exhausting day, I am woken up in the middle of the night with a crying child, I am grateful that I am able to have children and that they still need me from time to time. I will take the hugs whenever they come.

When my alarm goes off at 5:30 am to remind me to go walking, I am grateful that I am healthy enough to walk and that I have a friend to meet up with me for encouragement.

When it's payday and I notice an increase in taxes taken out of my check, I am just grateful to have a job that pays the bills.

When I spent all day doing what seemed like an endless supply of laundry, I am grateful to be living with so many people I love.

When my clothes are fitting a little too tight, I can be grateful that I have more than enough food to eat.

When there seems to be no end to the whining and fighting, I am grateful that I can hear.

When I am missing my family members who are far away, I am grateful that we are sealed together for eternity.

When I feel like I am a bus driver and am in the car with my kids more than I am at home with them, I am grateful that Claire goes to a good school and that Penelope and Miles get to stay with their MeMa a few days a week.


1 comment:

Becky said...

I am thankful for your thankfulness. This made me open my eyes and realize things are better than I think they are. Still a good example to me Shan.