Thursday, November 21, 2013

Thankful Thursdays

Today I am feeling grateful for the rain. Something about actual weather in Las Vegas is so great sometimes. Though I am also happy with the 70 degree weather we have had prior to this rain storm. Today I took a brief moment to sit in my room and read while listening to the rain hit the roof and sipping my hot chocolate. Just a few minutes is all I need to recharge sometimes. Sigh.

I am also thankful to be called back into the young woman's program at church. I am the new secretary and though it is a big change and a new time commitment, I am finding that I need to hear the lessons taught each week as much as the girls. Messages about our worth and potential, our beauty, talents and our divine heritage are something we all need to be reminded of often.

It's been a while since I thought about how amazing our bodies are and how grateful I am to have the freedom and independence that comes with physical health. I should find strength in that- and treat myself even better, and a bit kinder too..

I am also grateful to be in a family that freely shares hugs, kisses and I love you's. And that started before me and Matt so thank you to our parents for being our examples. We love you!

No comments: