Friday, October 31, 2008

Harry Reid at the rio

Happy Nevada Day for all of you who are here in Nevada. For those of you not here, sorry you are missing all the fun. On our holiday here, everyone dresses up in neat outfits and we go door to door saying "trick-or-treat." I think the Nevada Day trend is catching on. I've noticed a great majority of Americans are dressing up and going out at night to celebrate our good state. Keep it up America!
Speaking of Americans, we met a great one today. To commemorate Nevada Day, Senator Harry Reid ate at the offical eatery of all Mormon's (yes, I know we are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints): Cafe Rio. I was a witness to this fortuitous event. It reminds me of the movie Star Wars, where Luke was being tempted by the Emperor to join the Dark Side. It was crazy. There I was eating my salad with creamy ranch dressing and I could have sworn I heard him say, "Take up your light saber and strike me down!"

1 comment:

Jacqui said...

This has to be a Matt post, am I right? You have both Jeff and I laughing...! Happy Nevada day, and you should've taken up your lightsaber and struck him down. Haha.