Sunday, October 26, 2008

Soccer Season

Matt and I are now on a co-ed indoor soccer team - I have not played indoor soccer in probably 5 years, and outdoor in more than 2. I stopped playing once I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant with Claire, and let me tell you, I need to get used to using my feet like that again.

We had a game on Friday night at 9:05, the same night as our friend's Halloween Party, which started at 8 pm. So, two birds with one stone - we dressed up as soccer players so we could at least come to the party for a few minutes. Not the most creative, but people were suprised that we actually were going to play soccer. We had a babysitter come over with a friend to stay at the house with Claire while she was asleep, and they said - we've never met parents that play soccer before! Oh yeah, we are awesome! :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

You guys are awesome!

Kara said...

Well, did you win?? You know I'm all about winning, and I hope you play on a winning team one of these days- ha ha!!

~ kietra ~ said...

That's great! I've never met parents that played soccer either!! What a fun way to exercise!!

Matt and Shannon said...

We lost 4-3. Our team is having a tough time scoring. A slump, if you will. A womans goal counts for 2 points and a mans goal counts for 1. Our girls, who are very good, didn't score that game. If just one girl would have scored that would have made the score 5-4. We aren't worried though, only 2nd game of the season and our girls usually come through for us! Record is 1-1.
-Matt

Kara said...

Way to have a positive attitude Matt! Good luck with your season!