Sunday, October 12, 2008

Walking

Claire took 8 steps on Friday...

I was at work and Becky and Danny were watching her for the afternoon.

I missed it.

I'm not sure that the BYU Management luncheon and my afternoon client meeting were worth it. Sigh.

She wouldn't walk again over the weekend, although she does stand up on her own now without holding on to anything. Who knows, she might have already walked at Emily's house but I told her to let me stay ignorant of it so I will think Claire walks for the first time at our house. Is that weird? Anyway, now we know she can walk, but just chooses not to. Stubborn.

8 comments:

Emily said...

I promise, she has never taken even one step at my house! What a little stinker not to repeat it for you!

Glad you had a fun weekend with your sister!

Carolyn said...

Walking! You have to love it and hate it at the same time! :)

-KJ said...

Ahh! I know how that feels. We went out of town when our little girl learned how to walk.

I know something tricky (and so funny) that will let you see her walk. Try sticking something in her hands (like clothes pins) without her knowing. Put them in when they are above her head, so she thinks they are your fingers. THEN watch her walk!!! It's so funny because they walk with their hands above their heads. Try it and let me know if it works!!!

OH, and are you still in Richard and Dawn Christensen's ward? They are my uncle and aunt! When I saw Steph's comment on here, I had to ask her how the heck she knew you guys, but I forgot to ask if you guys were still in their ward.

Christi said...

I am sorry that you missed it. I would tell my sitter that all time. I wanted to at least think it was the first time even if it wasn't!!!!

Erika said...

Walking...now the fun begins.

It's not weird to want to stay ignorant to it happening without you. My friend doesn't even tell her husband if their baby does something for the first time while he's at work.

Jacqui said...

You will suddenly be wishing Claire had a helmet like Eliza!

I know you are aware of this, but she is the cutest little munchkin!

Karry said...

Claire stubborn...I wonder where she gets that. :)

Erick and Megan said...

What a big girl! Sounds like you had way fun with Becky! Can't wait for Thanksgiving so we can play too!