Friday, October 24, 2008

It's Me...

Have you ever called someone and said "Hi, it's me" and they didn't know who you were? So embarrassing ... It reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where a girl calls up Jerry after just a few dates and says "hi, it's me" - he say something like, "she just it's me'd me!!! Too soon!"

For some reason the other day I was thinking about how it's a special thing to be able to say "It's me" to someone. When Matt and I call each other, it's almost like a term of endearment in a way.

On the flip side, I have been calling the same receptionist at our Salt Lake office for like 4 months, at least 5 times a week if not more, and she never recognized my voice or knew it was me. Drove me crazy! She left the company last week. Coincidence? I think not!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Okay, this is so funny. I love that episode. TOO SOON!

It's funny because it usually takes me no time at all to be able to recognize a person's voice on the phone, but I always feel the need to say "it's emily" when I call people. Thank goodness for cell phones and caller i.d. I always know who's calling me.