Tuesday, June 24, 2008

9 Month Check Up


Claire was technically 9 months old on June 17th, but we had her check up today. No shots, thank goodness. Just a prick on her big toe to get a drop of blood to test her iron levels - passed with flying colors.


So, here are the latest stats:

Weight - 20 pounds (50-75 percentile)- actually about the same weight as at 6 months

Height - 29 inches (90 percentile)

Teeth - two bottom, and two cut through on the top (big chompers by the looks of them)

Favorites - giving mom a heart attack by putting EVERYTHING in her mouth and then choking on said item; laughing with a cute scrunched up nose, and trying to eat anything that mom and dad are eating

New tricks - mimicking sounds like "hi", "uh-oh," and coughing sounds (Matt will cough a few times and then Claire will cough too); Crawling and pulling herself up on furniture - I guess she is "cruising" now.

Mom or Dad? The contest is still on for which she says first -she makes ma-ma and da-da sounds all the time, but not really designated towards me or Matt just yet.

5 comments:

Liz Laudie said...

What a great blog. I miss Thursday night basketball with you, but I'm glad to see that you are still playing. I feel that I can echo your sentiments on B-ball. I'm glad I came across your blog on Tami H.'s site. Keep in touch.

Liz Laudie said...

Oh, and Congratulations on your baby . . . only 9 months late! Now that I know your blog site I can keep closer tabs on you.

Emily said...

K, not to get technical on you or anything...but did you mean she turned 9 months on June 17th?

She's totally cruising, and it's SO cute...except I'm totally not baby-proofed yet.

Matt and Shannon said...

Yes - June 17th. I had her b-day on the brain. I fixed it :)

Carolyn said...

I can't believe that she is already nine months! I feel like we just back in contact and you were still pregnant at the time. I guess with us both having babies, time just flies. She is so cute!