Friday, June 27, 2008

Friday Finally

Ok, I'm not the best title maker-upper. A little news for those I haven't seen in a while. I started a new job with Target Construction here in Vegas. We specialize in dirt: grading, digging, blasting and the sort. I really like the position and the coworkers are old friends Nick Day and Brent Neel. I'm still not sure if any work gets done, but I've been here for a month and so far so good. I'm in estimating, cool office not the hot outdoors. I still manage to detail cars on a part time basis, the cash is good ya know? I mean holler if you hate cash...

The reason for the title: it is friday and I'm going home soon to play with Claire. I made up a new game with her last night. It's called "hide and seek." Let me know if you like the title of that one, not bad eh? Anyway, I took some video of the entertainment. It consists of us crawling around the ottoman hiding and seeking each other. Her laughing and giggling is so fun to me as a daddy. Now the bad news: I can't post the video because my pants are a size or two too big and I "cracked" the camera if you know what I mean. Ahh the joys of weight loss.

5 comments:

Stephanie Carmi said...

Matt! It's nice to hear your voice on here, keep writing! And good luck with the new job - I've always heard that earth moving is a satisfying job. :)

Froska said...

Matt, It's about time you kept in touch yo! It's not like we didn't serve in the same and best mission in the whole world. Clair is so dang cute with such kissable chubby cheeks, just like Lilly. How fun that you get to work with your buddies. Tell them HI for us. I miss the old clan, man I laughed a lot with you guys. Well take care and keep better in touch K. Later Em THSM

The Scholer Family said...

Your family is beautiful!!!!! What a pretty little girl you guys have!!!
Congrats on the new job!!! Everyone on the north side of town says hello!!!

Miriam H said...

Hey Matt and Shannon!!! I got your blog from Brents. Your daughter is so stinkin cute. Hey keep in touch!

Jacqui said...

I love that Matt is posting on here, too. Great job on the weight loss, crack flash or no crack flash. My family holds dear an awesome video of my brother flashing some serious crack at Lake Powell. It's right up there with my video of picking my nose and eating it as a 6-year-old during the Nativity play. Love it.