Monday, June 23, 2008

Destination: Singapore

My little brother Matty just got his mission call on Friday - he is going to Singapore, English speaking. He leaves for the Missionary Training Center on September 3rd. It was pretty cool to have him read us the letter - I was one of 3 siblings calling in, so Matt had us all on speaker phone.


I had no idea where Singapore is - so I did a little Wikipedia search and found out that it is actually in the island state of Malasia, south of Thailand and Vietnam - they speak English there because it was a Brittish Colony. I started a family blog for his mission so we can keep tabs on him - and post his letters, photos, etc. So, for all those interested, bookmark MattOnaMission.

1 comment:

Froska said...

Thats way cool he's going there. My brother, wife ans their two kids live there right now. They love it. It's like the cleanest most beautiful place ever. Let me know if you need any info on the place.