Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Some Pics

So Matt said we need to post more pics of ourselves on this blog - but honestly, I think Claire is the main attraction. So, I will do better to post more of us... if I allow myself to be photographed.



We took the Young Women to our favorite Vietnamese restaurant tonight - it was an interesting experience... some more willing to try new food than others. Matt taught them a bit about the food and table manners (or lack thereof) but it was really loud and hard to hear so we mostly just ate. The best was when they tried to guess what was in the dessert - Vietnamese food doesn't really have desserts like we do. This was a clear cup layered with black beans, yellow beans, green gelatin pieces and slightly sweetened coconut milk with ice... they tried it too, which was awesome! And then I gave them a Hostess chocolate cupcake as an American dessert to wash it all down - I want some serious sugar with my dessert - not beans!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Hmmm, I've never tried Vietnamese food, but I'm pretty sure I don't believe in eating beans for dessert. Sounds fun though, I bet the YW had a great time!

I love Claire and her waving...it's so cute!

And yes, you need more pictures of yo on your blog.

Cecily said...

Our blog is pretty much dedicated to Lexi too. Sometimes there might be a pic of us, but rarely!!! She's just cuter!!

Erica said...

My name is Erica, and I was one of Matt's friends in high school. I found your blog looking at blogs of friends. It's a small world. I have been wondering about Matt, and he has been. It has been a long time since I've seen him. You have an adorable little girl. Tell Matt hello, and I would love to get together with you guys. Matt will find lots of the old Cheytown crowd linked from my blog. Thanks.