Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hi!

So every morning when I get Claire out of her crib, we say hi to her "babies" on the wall - three pictures of her when she was just 2 months old. I wave and say hi, then I wave Claire's hand for her. Then we go down the stairs and I do the signs for mommy and daddy and point to our engagement photo on the wall, and then we say hi and wave to all the other photos on the wall. Maybe I need to get out more, but it's fun for us. And I think all this repetition is paying off - Claire is waving and I think she's tryin to say "hi" but it comes out more like just an "h" sound. Just listen to her in this video - it is so hard to record because as soon as she sees the camera she usually stops.

6 comments:

Erika said...

She's totally saying, "Hi"! It wasn't until her last video that I realized girls are more verbose than boys. Katie and Leah were both chatting at her age. Owen is almost 11 months old. I've heard him say, "Mama", but I'm not sure it was directed to me or if it was just him making sounds. This is one of the many differences I'm seeing with my girls and my boy.

Kara said...

Dito to what erika said- I don't think Nathan said anything till 18 months!! She's saying "hi" already- she's going to be talking a ton before you know it. I love how she waves. Such a cutie!

Carl and Tami said...

Definately sounds like "hi". Way to cute!

Stephanie Carmi said...

That was the cutest thing EVER!!!!

Erick and Megan said...

I really heard it! That is so cute!

Emily said...

Wow! I can't believe she's saying hi! And waving too. What a smarty! Claire, you need to teach Reagan how to do that.