Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day


This was Matt's first Father's Day, so we wanted it to be kind of special. We had a great breakfast and then after church headed up to Mt. Charleston for a family lunch/BBQ at a campsite.

It was about 30 degrees cooler up there, which was nice. We stayed up there for awhile and had all sorts of treats and just hung out. We got to use my new jogging stroller for the first time, or in this case, all-terrain stroller.


I want Matt to write a bit about his thoughts on being a dad - hopefully he will take me up on the offer. I think there is nothing better than seeing the man you fell in love with get even better by being a great dad. Matt and Claire are buddies - they hang out and play all the time, and Matt watches her a lot too so he gets to appreciate the fun and the work that goes into taking care of a baby.


I am also grateful to my own dad who was just down to visit us a few months ago - I think he and I are a lot alike and we get along really well. I wish I could have been in CA to see him and my mom for the holiday, but we will hopefully see them a lot this summer.

1 comment:

Emily said...

There's something so sweet about father-daughter relationships. Maybe daddies feel like they can be extra cuddly and cute with a girl, but whatever it is I love it. Way to go Matt, you're an awesome Dad!

And way to go on those chompers Claire!